Monday, March 19, 2018

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #608

Sing along with my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #608 for March 19, 2018. The drawing is by Drew Dernavich.


"We're looking for airy and light, not hot and steamy."


These captions were out of tune:
"Play something hot."
"Hot and steamy may not be the right message."
"That's not the pipe organ upgrade I meant."



March 26, 2018 Update:  The Finalists




April 2, 2018 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


April 9, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Christopher Weyant took to heart John Donne's line "Death, thou shalt die." My caption be not proud. Attend my memorial service for Contest #607.

Play along in the archives with Drew Dernavich.

Attempted Bloggery supports net neutrality.


02490

No comments:

Post a Comment