Monday, January 8, 2018

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #599

Latch onto my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #599 for January 8, 2018. The drawing is by Michael Maslin.


"Quit working on the wheel and invent some antibiotics, dammit!"


Here's another I perhaps should have used:
"It's an ankle bracelet. I'm under cave arrest."



January 15, 2018 Update:  The Finalists



January 22, 2018 Update:  The voting was taken off the website early, before I had the chance to vote. I think I might have chosen the second caption.


January 29, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Danny Shanahan took us on a climb up to visit the guru sitting on an exercise ball. My caption came away only with altitude sickness. Contemplate Contest #598.

This blog has served up quite a bit about cartoonist Michael Maslin over the years, and you can bite into it all here.

Attempted Bloggery supports net neutrality.


02423

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for almost voting for my caption! You voted for my caption in contest 590, when I came in 3rd place :(...it worked out better this time! Incredibly honored and lucky to have been a finalist twice in just a few months. I did not expect to win, but somehow the caption struck a chord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Josh! Happy to be almost able to help.

    ReplyDelete